- • Stunning image
- • HDR changes that are useful
- • Exceptional adaptability
- • Excellent colour accuracy and contrast
- • Exceptionally brilliant
- • Excellent dimensionality in three dimensions.
- • Setup is simple, and HDR changes are easy to make.
- • Detailed image with sharpness
- • The resolution isn't actual Ultra HD.
- • Faux-4K
- • Expensive in comparison.
- • Automatic changeover between SDR and HDR image modes.
Epson Projector 4K 5050UB PRO-UHD 3-Chip Projector with HDR 2023 USA & UK
A new generation of 4K home theatre experience uses advanced processing for resolution enhancement, colour, and image processing to produce an outstanding 4K home theatre experience.
Epson Home Cinema Projector 4K Review 2023
- True 3-Chip Projector Design — Epson Projector 4K has Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100% of the RGB colour signal for each frame. It results in a wide colour gamut with excellent brightness, without the “rainbowing” or “colour brightness” difficulties that other projector technologies can cause.
- Pixel-Shift Processor — This smart pixel-shifting processor precisely manages three high-definition LCD chips to process millions of data pixels in parallel. This new sort of resolution enhancement technology (1) produces a 4K visual experience that is incredibly sharp.
- Outstanding Brightness – Epson Projector 4K is Capable of displaying 4K content with 2,600 lumens of colour and white brightness. It not only expands the performance envelope but also enables excellent HDR performance.
- Epson UltraBlack Technology — Epson developed a proprietary compensation filter to manage the polarization of light. Epson Home Cinema Projector can suppress all stray light within the transmission, resulting in a 1,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio.
- HDR Processor — Full 10-bit HDR (2) colour processing accepts 100% of the HDR source information to reproduce HDR content for a great visual experience correctly.
- Digital Imaging Processor —Epson Home Cinema Projector has Real-time 12-bit analogue-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions and the reduction of banding, blocking, and other compression artefacts in the final visual performance. This powerful processor adequately reproduces the source material in its original format.
Epson Home Theater Projector 5050UB 4K PRO-UHD Product Details
|Product Dimensions||17.7 x 20.4 x 7.5 inches|
|Item Weight||24.7 pounds|
|Item model number||Home Cinema 5050UB|
|Best Sellers Rank||#920 in Video Projectors|
|Date First Available||April 9, 2019|
- A 3LCD light engine produces Ultra HD resolution.
- The white and colour brightness of a 250-watt UHE bulb is 2600 lumens.
- The lens is fully motorised and has several position memory.
- Colour that is precise and accurate for both SDR and HDR content.
- HDR10 and HLG support the DCI-P3 colour gamut.
The lens has a wide range of motorised adjustments, including a 96% vertical and 47% horizontal shift and a huge zoom range covering a 1.35-2.84 throw ratio. You can project an image from the 5050UB practically everywhere. Also, lens position memory makes changing the aspect ratio on the fly a breeze. For those who use cinema scope displays, this is a fantastic feature. With a few clicks of the remote, you can zoom out those black bars.
The chassis is quite huge, yet it is not nearly as hefty as it appears. It has a white finish with gold trim. Choose the Pro Cinema 6040UB if you want a black projector. It has slightly different specifications, but the display is practically the same. A spare bulb, ceiling mount, cable cover, an extra year of warranty, an ISF calibration tool, and an anamorphic lens option are all included.
Epson’s tried-and-true 3LCD light engine is used in the 5050UB. It’s a.74-inch 3-chip LCD with a 250-watt UHE lamp and an inbuilt filter that moves into place to widen the colour palette to DCI-P3 standards. I measured almost 97% coverage in my tests, more than most projectors and flat-panel TVs. HDR10 and Hybrid Log-Gamma are also supported (HLG).
The image is pixel-shifted to 38402160 using an optical diffuser in the light path. The native resolution is 19201080. Since its debut, Epson has adjusted the technology a few times, and this latest version is the greatest yet. It was an incredible experience to see reference demo material from the Spears & Munsil UHD DVD.
Two HDMI 2.0 inputs are available on the back panel. They can take incoming signals up to 40962160 at 60Hz and run at 18Gbps bandwidth. There are also three USB ports, one of which can be used to charge optical HDMI cables.
It can use the analogue VGA port with a D-sub connector or a component breakout cable for legacy components. RS-232 and a 12v trigger output are used to control systems.
Deals on (Renewed) Epson Home Cinema 5050UB 4K 2023
Today’s (29 January 2023) Deals on EPSON HOME PROJECTOR (RENEWED) 2023
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of EPSON PROJECTOR 4K 5050UB 2023
Question: Is it remote-controlled by radio frequency (RF)?
Question: Is it capable of 4K gaming at 60 frames per second?
Question: Is it possible to use wireless screen mirroring and cast my iPhone screen to the projector?
Question: When the projector is turned on, how loud is it?
Specification: Epson Projector 4K